Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hip Hairstyles

The sixties was popular for many things, and hair was one of them. There were so many different hairstyles throughout the decade.  In the early sixties the bob was very popular and the statement making beehive. Towards the mid to late sixties long straight hair and bangs were in style.  Short hair was in too, the famous pixies worn by Twiggy and Mia Farrow took guts to wear, and they could pull it off!
photos-retrohairstyles.com, acephotos, theepochtimes.com, prettysmartgirlart.blogspot.com, segullhair.com, listal.com, fanpix.net, photographing fashion

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love big sixties hair - I just wish it wasn't so hard to get that volume going in my fine hair! So I usually just settle for the al-natural hippie long & straight :)

Do you ever wear sixties hairstyles?

Rhiannon said...

My hair is long and curly with bangs. Sometimes I might do a sixties style, but I usually leave it as it is.

Stephanie said...

Maureen, my favorite beatle girl :)
Thank you for all of your nice comments. xoxo